The Shoulders of Giants, Inc. (TSoG) is a youth-serving, community-based organization dedicated to sharing the thrill of scientific discovery. Involvement in our organization’s programs is subject to the observance of the organization’s rules and procedures. All rules and behavior guidelines extend to participation at live events, as well as online conduct on all communication platforms, including but not limited to TSoG eLearning, Discord, and Twitch.
TSoG is dedicated to providing a positive learning environment for everyone, regardless of age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, religion or lack thereof, education, or socio-economic status.
Modeling Positive Behavior
Examples of behavior that contribute to creating a positive environment include:
- Being kind to others.
- Behaving professionally.
- Using welcoming and inclusive language.
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences.
- Gracefully accepting constructive criticism.
- Focusing on what is best for the community.
- Showing empathy towards other community members.
Examples of unacceptable behavior by program participants include:
- Abusive language towards a staff member, volunteer, or program participant.
- Possession or use of alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs on TSoG’s property or reporting to the program while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Bringing onto TSoG’s property dangerous or unauthorized materials such as explosives, firearms, weapons or other similar items.
- Discourtesy or rudeness to a staff member, volunteer, or program participant.
- Verbal, physical, or visual harassment of a staff member, volunteer, or program participant.
- Actual or threatened violence toward any individual or group.
- Conduct endangering the life, safety, health, or well-being of others.
- Failure to follow any agency policy or procedure.
- Bullying or taking unfair advantage of any participant.
- Failing to cooperate with an adult supervisor / leader / instructor.
All participants of any TSoG program, whether it be held in person or in a virtual environment, are subject to this Code of Conduct. This includes staff and volunteers, students of all ages, and other participants such as sponsors or Patrons who have access to or communication privileges within our programs.
Any person who violates this Code is subject to discipline, up to and including removal from the program.
If you believe that someone if violating the code of conduct during a TSoG event, or have any other concerns, please contact us immediately by calling or texting (214) 575-5444 or emailing email@example.com.