Volunteer Opportunity: Video Editor - STEM Education Content
|Published on:||September 16, 2020|
Volunteer Opportunity Description
We are looking for 1-2 volunteers to help establish rough cut video edits on content created from the TSoG studio. This could be virtual, but if a video editor is in/or near Dallas, working at the studio in the producer's room is an optional arrangement. The idea volunteer:
- Has experience in (or an interest in learning) Adobe Premier Pro and After Effects
- Has interest or experience in editing educational videos
- Are available 3-5 hours per week to edit video rough cuts and/or collaborate on the production schedule
- Knows how to trim footage segments and put together sequences
- Can input music, dialogues, graphics and animated effects
The Shoulders of Giants (TSoG) is an educational non-profit which has been revolutionizing STEM mentorship since 2013. Using his experience as an engineer and university-level educator, TSoG President Dr. Foland is leading the future of education by making everything available online, for free! Since 2018, TSoG has also been live-streaming lectures and projects on YouTube and Twitch for students around the world. TSoG has now grown into a collaborative international community, with a vast library of hands-on projects to create and cultivate any engineering portfolio.
Who's in the community? -- Students (13+), hobbyists, adult learners, educators, PhD professionals; anyone with a passion for learning!
Within a few years of completing our TSoG program, students can expect to achieve the following Program Educational Objectives, which are valuable even for non-STEM fields:
- Lifelong Learning
- Technical Confidence
- Career Satisfaction
- Sense of Service
The TSoG Project Experience
Hands-on science and engineering experiences help students develop essential STEM skills and build confidence in themselves. TSoG mobilizes and coordinates a diverse volunteer base to provide hands-on project opportunities for students around the world. Students (ages 13-18) may join projects and work under the close guidance of a Technical Mentor - much like a student internship.
Commitment to Project Support and Management:
- Live-Streamed Instruction - Based on the needs of the teams, Dr. Foland leads special classes and lectures that build students' foundational knowledge and skills so that they can be put to direct use within their projects.
- Volunteer Management - The Shoulders of Giants organizes passionate technical volunteers from around the world to serve as mentors; all mentors are fully background checked and internally trained in project management and communication with students to provide a consistent experience for all teams.
- Project Administration - Our team works hard to secure funding to support teams and drive outreach initiatives. Our transparent management of team budgets and materials procurement provides students with valuable exposure to real-world considerations.
- Open Science Infrastructure - Each project is documented on the TSoG Wiki with all intellectual property released under a Creative Commons Attribution- ShareAlike 4.0 License. As an open-access provider of highly technical science and engineering curricula, all TSoG content is open and may be freely experienced by students anywhere.
For more information please schedule a Zoom meeting with Lauren Foland - Senior Director https://calendly.com/tsogtv/intro
The Shoulders of Giants, Inc. is a nonprofit organization registered under Internal Revenue Code 501(c)(3) (public charity). As such, all donations made to the organization are tax-deductible. Additionally, The Shoulders of Giants is committed to transparency in all of our operations and maintains a Gold / Platinum Rating on Guidestar. Financial records, including forms 990 filed for all previous fiscal years, are publicly accessed through that profile. https://www.guidestar.org/profile/46-2963213